Friday, December 24, 2010

Two Little Boys

Yesterday I had the opportunity to encounter the Holy Spirit in the parking lot of Costco. Yeah, I know it was two days before Christmas and I should have been avoiding Costco at all costs and that the Holy Spirit is the last thing you would expect to find in the parking lot - but our God is creative and perfect!

Wednesday I got a call from a friend I haven't seen him in a few months, but the last time we had talked he had said he was praying for creative ways to involve his children in our going to Spain. Money was tight and he wanted it to be someway that his young boys (age 5 and 7) understood and were a part.

What he had to say when he called left me overwhelmed with how much God loves me. You see, as a family they had been talking about our journey to Spain and how they could be a part. The boys decided to give up some presents in order to become financial partners. We decided to meet yesterday in the Costco parking lot (half way between our homes) for them to bring me their gift and for me to give the boys prayer cards of their own.

And on the outskirts of the parking lot, I encountered the presence of the Lord. I had never met the wife or boys, but instantly I knew that we were joined together through a love of Jesus. The boys drew us pictures (see below). I gave the boys a letter telling about Spain and life there. As they left, the family promised to regularly pray for our family and for the people in Spain to want to hear about Jesus.

I don't need any more presents tomorrow, this was enough. It wasn't about the size of the check, but instead about the fact that the savior whose birth we will celebrate tomorrow brought two families together in a Costco parking lot for a moment of worship and an encounter with Him. There is nothing sweeter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.