Friday, March 26, 2010

Its My Birthday!



It's my birthday and I actually share the date with several dear friends from church - Cassy, Joy, Emily, and little Mallory.  My cousin had his first child yesterday and missed sharing this special day with me by just a few hours.  It's interesting how as the years pass what is important for the celebration changes.  I remember not too many years ago when what I got was so important, but today I found more joy in the facebook birthday wishes than in any gift.  I am slow, but I am finally learning that life is so much more rich with lots of relationships and few things.  Thanks to all my friends that remind me how blessed I am.

Alex just came in as I was typing and asked when I was going to open my presents.  I told him I didn't get anything and he proclaimed "we'll have to change that."  Then he came back and asked what I wanted.  Well, I thought of two things - our house to sell and to raise our support.  So, if anyone is looking to give me a birthday gift today :) feel free to either buy our house or make a donation at http://www.send.org/missions/hunterfamily.  

Enjoy your day!  I am off to spend it with friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. I was wrong... my family gave me a gift certificate to Balance Day Spa! My love language is definitely a day at the spa!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.