Can you believe it? Today we actually take the first steps towards beginning the next season of this journey. Lots of last minute details around the house this morning, then we walk out the door towards the airport.
Today will be filled with lots of emotions. We will all process them differently and before it is all over we will probably feel like we are a little crazy.
How can you pray for us today?
- Scott - As the head of the house give him confidence that he is leading his family in obedience of God and not off into the deep end of some unknown pool. As he tells his mom goodbye at the airport knowing that she will probably never travel to Spain, give them both a beautiful goodbye. As he cares for me and Alex today that he will know exactly how to help.
- Zach - As he watches his family walk away and leave him behind, give him confidence to find his footing where he knows in the deepest parts of his soul it should be. Pray for people, and especially Godly men, to be in his paths in the coming days. Pray that he finds a job with more consistent pay and hours quickly. Pray for wisdom and the courage to walk in it.
- Hannah - As she has said goodbye to living with her new "sister" and transitioning back into the family, pray for excitement and the little "twangs" in her heart that are there. She has adjusted well so far, pray for patience as she now helps us adjust.
- Alex - As a 12 year old, pray as he processes all the changes. Pray that he makes a friend quickly. Pray that he will be able to express how he is feeling over the coming days.
- Me - Pray for confidence that I can learn the language. Pray for the excitement to be greater than the "butterflies." Today as we are seen off by friends and family, pray for beautiful goodbyes.
- 1:52 EST - depart Greensboro
- 3:24 EST - arrive Newark
- 8:40 PM EST - depart Newark
- 4:05 AM (Saturday) EST - arrive Madrid