Friday, March 4, 2011

Operator's Manual - Entry #1

I have started this post several times and just stopped.  I have had  a hard time deciding what would be the first entry.  Should it be about the joys of the journey or the struggles?  If I could only put one entry in the manual what would be the most important?

#1 - THE JOURNEY WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU TRY TO DO IT ALONE

I am not talking about doing the journey of obedience with another human being - I am talking about the fact that it will be totally impossible to be obedience to God's calling in your life without Him.  He will not call you to something you can do alone.  He calls you to obedience so that He gets glory, so it has to be a God size calling.  Otherwise you get the credit.

If you are excited about walking the journey of obedience, you need to have a Bible in your hand and regular time with God on the calendar.  These two things must be non-negotiable.  They must be priority #1.  Nothing else in life can ever take their place.

Every time I have let these slide into 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 50th place the journey has been overwhelming.  The time alone with God will not prevent the curves or bumpy roads, but your time alone with God will make it possible to go through them.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right.It's amazing how different I handle things when I have all ready spent time with Him. Praying for discipline and protection in your time with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy cierto lo que dices... espero las próximas entradas de este "Manual de instrucciones"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.