Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What They Don't Tell You

Originally I started this blog to share our journey to the mission field.  I wanted people to realize that we were ordinary people being asked to do something that seemed a little out of the ordinary and depending on the power of God for Him to accomplish the extraordinary.  We pray that as you follow our journey you may find the strength to step out in faith on your own journey - maybe to the mission field, but maybe just to something a little out of the ordinary.  We had friends who blazed the trail ahead of us and seeing them keep on walking has made it a little easier at times to keep taking the next step.  They didn't always succeed (in man's eyes) and didn't always do it my way, but we watched the faithfulness of God in their life and have held on to that proof of the promise keeper in our lives.

Along this journey I have begged for an "operator's manual."  Something that gave us advance warning of what was around the curve.  I have wondered if I was losing my mind at times and I have wondered why it took me so long to respond in obedience.  I have wanted to shout "I Quit!" and I have wanted to shout for joy.  I have begged God to hurry up and I have begged God to slow down.  (Perhaps I really am losing my mind)

Over the next few days (or weeks - who knows) I am going to share some of the things that I would write in the "operator's manual" if I was the author.  Some are hard spots along the journey, some are smooth sailing.  I invite you to add to the manual - maybe it will give me a heads up to what might be coming around one of the next curves.  So come back tomorrow and let's write a manual together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.