Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Powerwashing and Prayer Walking

The house is being shown tomorrow and I decided that the front porch, back patio, and wall right outside the sliding glass door needed to be power washed.  So at 5:30 I borrowed a power washer, finished cooking dinner, and at 7:00 headed outside to attack it.

When I first started I was grumbling that it was going to be a late night (as I really needed to be paying bills and folding laundry) but somewhere along the way the Holy Spirit took over (yep, God is even present in power washing) and I began to pray over the house, giving God each spindle of the front porch, the door knobs, the garage door (which I also decided needed washing), the flowers that I had to step around, the water faucet, the chairs I moved around, and more (I'm sure you get the gist of it by now).

Amazing!  By the time I was finished it was dark outside and bills weren't paid and I still will have to go to the garage tomorrow morning to find clean clothes - but I was having a good old time.  I had a whole new attitude about the time I had spent outside and am at peace with the house showing tomorrow and got a clean house to boot!

Perhaps I should try this with all my housecleaning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.