Friday, June 18, 2010

A God Designed Appointment

It is VBS crunch time!  Monday morning more than 300 little children will arrive at Cornerstone ready for an exciting week of music, crafts, recreation, Bible study, and more.  I am responsible for seeing that it is all ready.  I have a great team of volunteers and I couldn't do it without them (although they could probably do it without me).   Yesterday was workday - people were in and out all day and my to do list seemed to be growing instead of shrinking. 

Then at 4:10 I was challenged to get my priorities in line - is VBS about showing the lost the truth of Jesus Christ or about a big production that gets me compliments from the congregation and my boss?  Because amidst the long to do list walks in a beautiful young lady asking to talk with someone about God.

For the next hour plus I got to talk and share and answer questions about the one and only true God that is able to change lives and heal pasts.  She was raised in another religion and has many scars from her past and what was claimed to have been done in the name of "god."  She is searching and scared to trust God or people.

She took a Bible with her and is coming back next week so we can talk some more.  Pray for her today.  Pray that God reveals who He is to her in a way that she can only see as an answer to prayer.  Pray for the courage for her to return next week.   Pray for wisdom and insight on my part to know exactly what to say.  Pray for VBS to be calm on Tuesday so that I can set aside the "to do list" and focus on a hurt and lost heart.  

Thank you God for the reminder of why we really do VBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.