Wednesday, March 31, 2010

House Decisions

I do believe everyone who reads this blog will be able to hear me celebrating when the house sells, without the use of a computer!

We have had two showings this week.  One did not like the house, the other we have not heard back from yet.  But we did hear that a short sell house in the neighborhood dropped their price again yesterday.  It is now below our house and will most likely sell for even less than it is listed for, especially if it goes into foreclosure.  Now we have to make a decision.  It's been on the market for six months and we still own it.  We've done all kinds of things to make it more sellable (is that a word?) and yet we still own it. 

I was teaching my last Fit For Health Bible Study class yesterday and we did a lot of talking about being able to grasp that God really does care and is truly interested in the things we think aren't so spiritual - weight loss, houses selling, ... - but do we really grasp that.  Each area of our life He desires to be involved in and in control of.  Do we really know that that looks like?  Do we really believe that?  I say it.  I want to believe it with all my heart.  But am I there yet?  I don't think so and I think the sell of our house is a daily reminder.  If I really got it would I be bringing the house back to God every day?  Would I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach about the decisions we need to make regarding the house?  What about you?  Do you really get what it looks like to believe, really believe, that God wants to be involved in every aspect of your life and that there is nothing too little to bring to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.