Monday, November 7, 2011

Gofre


My new favorite snack is called Gofre.  That is spanish for waffle.  It is a snack that does something crazy to your mind because it looks just like a waffle.  The first time I saw someone eating one I was totally confused - why would anyone eat a cold waffle out of a plastic package?  Then I tasted one - they may look like a waffle, but they aren't.  They are solid and topped with crystalized sugar.  You can even get them topped with chocolate.  They leave a little waxy feeling in your mouth - but well worth it!  Apparently you can also find fresh ones in bakeries topped with everything from whipped cream to fruit sauces.  I am definitely going to be on a gofre hunt in the near future!


2 comments:

  1. You can find these fresh made in Puerta del Sol, between El Corte Inglés and Sol. With or without chocolate, with or without nata (whipped cream).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.