Monday, November 14, 2011

A Day in the Pueblos

Saturday was gorgeous here.  The temperatures were nearing 70 degrees and although quite windy the higher we went, we couldn't avoid being outside.  We decided cleaning and organizing could wait for a rainy or cold day and headed out to explore.  We had been told one pueblo not too far from here was pretty, so off we went.  When we reached the original town we didn't find a lot to see so decided to just keep on trekking (thank goodness for a GPS).  We ended up stopping in several towns, doing a little shopping, a lot of tasting, and even finally went to the "city" to stop at a mall.  



I have been looking for a rug for the living room that I could afford and was so excited when we stopped at a farmer's market and found one that was the right size, color, and price.  But I didn't want to carry it around while we shopped so I left and thought I'd just stop back by when we were ready to leave.  

So, after about 30 minutes of walking around and buying a few items I went back ready to buy the rug and it was gone.  I was so disappointed but the stand owner proceeded to tell me in Spanish that if I could wait 30 minutes he could get another one.  Sure, why not.  30 minutes is just enough time to find the local pasteleria (pastry store) for a few samples.  I have fallen in love with Spanish chocolate or cream filled Neapolitans and any excuse is a good excuse to have one.

Sure enough, 30 minutes later we returned and he had a carpet for me.  It looks perfect in the living room.

On the way home we stopped at the mall for lunch and had American food, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Burger King and shopped for Alex's birthday (he turns 13 Tuesday).  Ended up buying both he and Scott bikes (not setting Alex free on these roads for a long time).  He is quite excited.

We are definitely not ready for rain and winter to return.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.