Monday, March 28, 2011

It's a Family Thing

When I surrendered to missions God was working on my heart about a variety of things.  One of them was that He was calling me to say that I'd be willing to go or do whatever He asked because without that, I was standing in the way of what He had planned for my family - specifically my husband and Hannah (although over the months I have also realized that I was in the way of what He had planned for Zach and Alex too).  When I finally threw up my hands and said "ok God - whatever you want" things began to change in Hannah's heart as well as Scott's and mine.  She knew God was calling her to international missions and her parents were standing in the way.

Our prayer when we went to Spain in January was that the children's call would be just as confirmed as ours.  And sure enough, they came home more ready to be there than we were.  They constantly want to know how close we are to starting the VISA process and are we really going to get there by September.  Even in terms of attitude about keeping the house in showing order there has been a change.

God is always full of surprises!  Hannah (along with one of her best friends Becky) serves in the preschool department every week and most weeks in the same age group.  She has been telling them about Spain and the need and what we will be doing and yesterday they said "Hannah says...." and goes on to tell how she has shared our need and they would like to partner with us.  Isn't God cool?  Just one more confirmation that God calls us at all ages to do things that seem a little crazy at times.  He doesn't see a child or a teenager or an old woman, He sees hearts who need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.