Sunday, July 4, 2010

Partnership Development

I am learning that this process is a lot harder than I expected.  I guess I just thought we would wake up one day and people would be lining up to sign up as financial partners.  I am learning it is taking a lot more time than I ever dreamed.  I am also learning that Satan knows that partnership development is where he could get a foothold.

Partnership development is requiring a new kind of faith.  Not a faith that God can handle the situation (which He can), but a faith that believes God can and is working on people's hearts to join our team.  I want to shout and shake and make people join our team as on-going team members and yet I can't do that.  I have to do my part and let God do the rest.

The other thing I am learning is that partnership development isn't just going to happen.  It is going to require us to do something, something out of comfort zone.  I said to Scott last night I don't want people to think every time they see us we are going to ask them to be partners, but yet at the same time I am beginning to realize we have to start asking more boldly than we are.

You know, this process is a lot like leading someone to Christ.  We have to believe that God will work on people's hearts.  My job is to tell and let God move in their hearts.  No shouting or shaking will make them come to know Christ.  Only the work of the Holy Spirit.  Also, evangelism isn't just going to happen.  It requires us to do something, something often out of comfort zone.  And out of fear of non-believing friends thinking salvation is the only thing I talk about, I don't talk about it all.  Hmm, maybe partnership development is just a way of preparing us for Spain.

So, if you are reading this post and you aren't a financial partner, how about asking today how to make it happen (or open the form on the side bar).  For us to be on track to be in Spain by March 1 we need to be at 30% by August 1.  That means we need to double our present support level this month.  I am gone for three weeks in July - so I am going to have to talk about it every chance I get and pray that the Holy Spirit works on hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.