Friday, May 7, 2010

Do you have the government you prayed for?

That was the question asked yesterday at our National Day of Prayer gathering.  Most of you who follow this blog are believers so you are thinking to yourself "no way, I didn't pray for this."  But you know what, I got what I asked for.  Or better yet, I got because I didn't bother to really, truly, ask for something different.

I have to confess that I didn't spend time on my knees pouring out a true request to give me a government that was blessed and led by God.  I half heartily said a prayer when reminded to in church.  I will offer a prayer when I hear of something I disagree with.  But have I really asked God to anoint the government of the United States?  Have I asked from the bottom of my heart that God return this country to its christian roots?  Have I believed He was capable of answering the prayers that I half heartily threw his way?

James 5:16b says "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."  Do I believe that?  Do I think that God can get a hold of America or have I just thrown my hands up and said whatever happens will happen? 

So, I ask you to seriously ponder that question yourself... "do you have the government that you prayed for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.