Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Where has the month gone?

Really?  The calendar says it is November 26, but I still working on my to do list from the first week of November.  If this is any indication of how the rest of 2013 will be going, I should just forget a December to do list.

In October I started teaching just one class.  You teachers know that the first year you teach any new class it takes 3 times the amount of time to prepare your lessons.  Add to it that the class is 12th Grade English, British Literature, and I was sunk. 

Then, of course, there was the whole language proficiency exam (that happened last week) and the fact that I have no aptitude for learning a foreign language (I am sure what I am saying is what they are saying, but why do they look at me with that "I have no idea what you are saying" expression?  Could it perhaps be that my pronunciation really is no where near right?)  Desperately wanting to pass the exam this time I had tutoring four mornings a week (1 on 1) and then a group class for 10 evenings.

And oh yeah, then there was the whole let's see how many times we can go to the doctor in one month and how many different medicines will fit on the kitchen counter part of the month.  It started with a simple low grade fever, followed by the flu, then a cold, then a sinus infection, then an upper respiratory infection, and finally ended with bronchitis. 

Yep - that pretty much sums up my November. 

Everyday I would stop and think of what I was thankful for and be determined to write it here on the blog, and then.... well, just re-read the top.

So, so much for the daily thankful list... instead I think I will be thankful for an extra cup of coffee this morning and enjoy the fact that I am headed to the mountains this morning with Scott (so craziness equaled my forgetting all my cooking utensils at English camp (I taught a cooking workshop) a couple weekends ago and since I have 25 at my house for Thanksgiving lunch on Saturday I must go reclaim them.  But hey, the camp is in the mountains, there are bars (coffee shops) all over Spain, and it is only 28 degrees outside right now. 

And tomorrow, maybe I will write about other things for which I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.