Saturday, November 2, 2013

Water

Today I am thankful for water.  Earlier this week we found out that our mosquito infestation and high water bill and broken doorbell at the gate were all due to a broken water pipe under the house.  It took all day for them to fix it, but it is working now. They still have to return next week to finish putting things back together, but we have water.

It was kind of comical here on Thursday.  We live in a chalet (known as a townhome in USA) and they are connected.  You can't get to the backyard without going through the house.  The broken pipe was in the front of the house, but under it.  You can't get under the house from the front yard, only in the backyard.  So all day there was a constant flow of people going from the front yard to the backyard.  I kept thinking of all those days when the kids were little and we would tell them to use the gate and not walk through the house to get to the other side. 

But around mid-afternoon I realized how grateful I am to live where I turn on the faucet and water comes out.  Something so ordinary that I take for granted, yet life changing.  I wonder how many other ordinary things I will notice this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.