Friday, November 1, 2013

November Already?

How did it already get to be November?  I have done a horrible job at keeping the blog up to date, although it makes it to my to do list on a regular basis.  Life has just been crazy and the Spanish exam is in three weeks and I started teaching a 12th grade English class at the MK school, and .....  Somewhere along the way the blog got left behind.


But it is November and the posts may not be as long as in years past, but I want to once again return to the month of Thanksgiving.  So here we go -

#1:  I am thankful for the fabulous neighbors that we have.  God has richly blessed us with a family that feels fills many relational holes in our lives.  For example, this morning I had sent a "whatsapp" message to her asking about buses.  After a couple messages she sent back a message that said "ven."  Which in Spanish means, come.  In other words, come on over.  So we did.  Scott and I found ourselves still sitting at their table drinking coffee and chatting and practicing our Spanish and sharing stories.  Relationships like this don't happen often in Spain and we do not take this friendship for granted.  It is truly a gift from God for which I am thankful!

Taken in February when we celebrated the 2nd anniversary of Laura's heart transplant (the 8 year in the middle)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.