Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Room at a Time - The Kitchen

Scott, Alex, and some friends did a great job of getting things into the house, now I am trying to put my personal touch on the rooms, find permanent homes for "junk," and get the house cleaned after being gone for so long.

First room I attacked, of course, was the kitchen.  I declare the kitchen finished!  Well, except for that fact that the new refrigerator and dishwasher don't arrive until Saturday.  But at least I feel like I know where everything is and that it is MY kitchen.  Sweet treasures to a woman's heart.  :)

A rare treat in a Spanish kitchen, space to have a table and eat.  My favorite place for my morning quiet time as well!  Now, to figure out how to put curtains on those windows - cause when the sun is shining, it is really, really hot! 
Standing in the doorway - you can't see that there is still a good deal of cabinets behind me - perfect place for the computer while I am in the kitchen - chatting with friends on skype, listening to music, or watching TV.

The empty spot is for the dishwasher, and yes, that is my washing machine in the kitchen as well.  The door you see leads to the dining room.  Loving the ample counter space and cabinets - another rare treat in a Spanish kitchen.  


I cannot wait to host my first cooking class - question is, will it be with children or ladies.  Of course, first I must finish Spanish lessons before I can start teaching English.

1 comment:

  1. i love it :) now I cant wait to bake in it at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.