Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Driving Again - But Time it is the Practical Part


Tomorrow is the day.  Here is what it will look like - nothing like the way it was in the states!

I have to be at the driving school at 8:10 (thank goodness it is later than I originally was told!).  It will take about an hour or so to get there (yes, I'll drive myself - isn't that crazy!).  

When I arrive I will meet the teacher and 3 more people - a chinese man who is taking the test for the 4th time, a spanish man who is taking the test for the 2nd time, and a spanish woman who is taking the test for the first time.

We will all, including the teacher, climb into a small car.  Each of us will drive for 30 minutes.  That means 1 1/2 hours in the backseat of a small car with other new drivers.  So prayer request #1 is that I don't get carsick.  I never ride in the backseat of a car because I ALWAYS get carsick.  

After 2 hours of the four of us driving for 30 minutes each we will arrive at the driving test center.  I am #4 and my instructor thought the chinese guy (who is trying for the 4th time to pass) is #3.  That means, he and I will sit on the curb for an hour while #1 and #2 take their exams.  (Prayer request #2 - pray for warm, dry weather). 

Then at 11:00 #3 and I will get in the car - he driving, me in the back seat again - see prayer request #1.  He will take his exam, and then finally at 11:35ish I will get to take my exam.  

It will last for 30 minutes and I will know immediately at the end if I pass.  My instructor seems confident, but I am a little nervous - no fear, just a healthy dose of nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.