Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Unplanned Appointment

Thursday was the day Hannah and I were beginning our partnership development trip to Florida.  Which meant it was the last day I was at work for more than a week, the last day I was at home for that long, and the last day to handle some "last minute" details.  All this meant was that every minute was precious - and if you know me, well planned out.  No time for delays or interruptions.

But God had different plans.  I needed to take our FBI background checks to the FedEx facility so I could send them off to get a letter of Apostille (letter say they are authentic documents) from the US State Department. The FedEx facility is less than a mile from my work, so perfect schedule says to stop and do it on my way to work.  Hey, I don't have to be at work until 9 so surely it will be open.  Wrong - it too opens at 9.  So I went on to work and had our staff prayer time then headed back to FedEx.

I had a meeting at the office immediately after prayer time so I had promised to be "right back."  There were no customers in the facility so surely this would be quick.  I filled out my forms and got it all prepared and then God proved He had a different plan.

The clerk looked at the address and asked what was this department of the government (the address was a whole lot of abbreviations).  I told her what it was and that we were applying for a resident VISA in Spain.  She then asked if she had heard about Spain in the news previously.    I told her about the earthquakes and then she asks if I thought that was the wrath of God. 

That was the beginning of a 30 minute conversation about a personal relationship with Christ and what repentance really means and can you keep on sinning and still avoid the judgement of God.  Left her with a lot to think about and me to ponder how many opportunities to share I have missed because of how much I try to "cram" into my schedule.

What about you?  Does your schedule allow for "God interruptions?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.