Thursday, January 17, 2013

Long Time No See

Life is crazy!  I have thought about blogging everyday for the past two weeks, but it just hasn't risen to the top of the list.  Language classes have resumed, winter laundry takes forever to accomplish, ministry tasks are increasing, winter weather makes you want to stay bundled up under the blanket on the couch,  .... and on goes the list.

We are in the middle of our first winter in Illescas.  Oh my!  I didn't realize how much the tall buildings in Alcala (our first city here) helped protect us from the wind.  Now we live in the middle of nowhere.  All around us are open fields - no tall buildings, no mountains, no protection.  The wind blows and you feel it to the bones.  The biggest problem with winter is laundry.  On average it takes 3 days for the laundry to dry.  The air is wet and the temperatures are lower.  The 3 days is not the problem, but instead my motivation.  The day I wash the laundry I have great motivation, however, 3 days later I have lost interest.  What I think I need is someone to come behind me and fold and put away the laundry.  :)

We are 4 months from our language exam.  I am tired of verb conjugations and prepositions.  I am still praying that one day I am just going to wake up and speak fluent Spanish.  But until that day, its homework and study!

We have our first official worship service of the new church plant here in Illescas this Sunday.  It is exciting to be taking this first step.  We have begun to explore the possibility of renting a store front for METAS and the church.  We are dreaming big dreams of what this will look like.

Keep coming back.  Hope to be a little more consistent in those coming days!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.