Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tomorrow is Coming Fast


We leave tomorrow - not a single piece of clothing is in a suitcase and there is a smell coming out of the refrigerator and I marked one thing off my to do list last night and added five.  Perhaps it is time to get busy!

I got to share last night with three little Mission Friend (our Wednesday night program at church for preschoolers that focuses on missions) boys last night about our trip to Michigan and about why missionaries are needed in Spain (it happens to be the country they are studying this month).  It was so much fun - but more than that it was motivating.  To watch their eyes as they heard about how lost the people of Spain are reminded me why we were supposed to be packing.  Their questions were so innocent.  Their hearts were right.  Even the teachers learned a few things they did not know about Spain and the scarcity of Christians there. 

I realized last night one big thing - I cannot wait to be officially appointed as a missionary headed to Spain.  I have fallen in love with the people of Spain and have never been there.  I am following the blogs of several future team mates and I can't wait to meet them face to face.  I cannot wait to learn the language and begin to make new friends.  I cannot wait!

Perhaps this excitement will propel me toward the suitcase on the shelf in the closet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.