Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

I know, we are knee deep in Christmas plans and I am just writing about Thanksgiving, but better late than never, right?

Spain does not celebrate Thanksgiving so Scott and Alex had school on Thursday, postponing our celebration to Saturday.   Most of the foods we traditionally eat for Thanksgiving meal are not traditional foods in Spain, so the event required some creativity.  We were gathering with several other families who are also serving here, making a total of 20 people.

As for the food,




Turkey - this had to be special ordered and a large one was requested, but no control over the size.  Definitely no butterball factory here.  The turkey wasn't quite large enough so notice the "extra" legs.  The turkey did not come frozen and did not come totally plucked.  Glad I signed up for dessert and not the turkey!

I made my first pumpkin pie totally from scratch (well, I didn't make the crust - I found it frozen).  It tasted so much better than anything I had made before and wasn't a lot more work.  Definitely worth it! Of course, if you know me, no Thanksgiving would be complete without something chocolate so I also made Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie pie and Hannah made a Snickerdoodle Cake.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.