Saturday, July 6, 2013

Calm Before the "Storm"

Yesterday was a calmer day.  For me, I started the day by taking one of the team members to the doctors to get stitches out.  It hit me that I was serving as the cultural navigator and translator.  Boy have things changed over the last 20 months.  As we were waiting for his appointment I had a flashback to our first doctor's appointment with no idea what the process was and handing the doctor my electronic translator and asking her to type in what she was saying.  Yesterday I found myself laughing with the doctor (and hoping that I understood what we were laughing at).  Proof that God is still in the miracle business!  I ended the day with dinner with a friend/co-worker that was filled with laughter and then picking Alex up from the airport.  He had a fabulous time at camp and hopefully today I can pray out of him some of the details.

The team yesterday spent a lot of time prepping for the activities over the next six days.  They had a chance to take a breather and move at a slower pace.  And after lunch they began a 24 hour fast, filled with prayer for the coming activities.  Due to a communication issue (and it wasn't my Spanish that got in the way this time) they needed a new location for the 3 hour prayer vigil.  Guess where it ended up?  Yep, in our house. 40 people filled our house for prayer.  Unfortunately I was in Madrid getting Alex and missed it, but Scott cleaned house and then hosted.  At least with them fasting all he had to do was provide water.  :)

On the agenda today - the storm of activity begins.  This morning we are hosting an Expo for the Millennium 2015 - I have no idea what that means, so I'll post pictures and tell you tomorrow.  Tonight a 50 member Gospel Choir from Madrid will be doing a concert.  I have invited a friend to join me, but she hasn't responded yet.

It continues to be incredibly hot.  Yesterday we hit 39°C (yep, we use Celsius here) - which is 102°F.  Pray for gentle breezes, clouds, and protection from the heat.

Talk to you tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.