Monday, March 19, 2012

Easing Into It

Been awhile since I wrote an update post.  So much so far has had to do with driving that I bet you think I am doing nothing except studying for my driving exam... well, you are close to right, but life does continue regardless.

This week brings major changes in our life, but major changes are becoming the norm.  I never thought I would say that!  I have always been one to fight change.  But oh well, at least with change we are never bored.

But life is allowing for me to "ease" into this change.

Today is a day for chilling and laundry - both figuratively and literally.   The temperatures have dropped and the wind has picked up.  Definitely hoping the warm weather returns soon!  It's Dia del Padre so no public schools.  Alex and I are watching movies and having a laid back kind of day.  Even have left over chicken and dumplings to make it a little more comfy kind of day.

Tomorrow I will go to the formal language school (where Scott has been going since we arrived) to take a placement test.  Beginning on Wednesday I will join Scott as a full time student, or almost.  The language program offers 3 classes per day, I will only be taking two, whereas Scott will continue to take all 3.  I am a little nervous about the test, but more nervous about the change in schedules this will require.

We will then find out on Wednesday what our schedule looks like.  We could both go to school in the morning or one of us in the morning and one of us in the later afternoon.  We are trusting God to provide the best schedule - whatever that might be.

In the first 9 days of class I will miss 5 classes.  I just pray I can keep up - with the schedule, class, and driving.

I am going to Germany in one week for the SEND Europe Women's Conference.  I am looking forward to the chance to experience fellowship and refreshment.  I am also praying it is only four days, however, the day we are to fly back to Spain the Transportation Unions of Spain have declared a strike - still waiting to see how that affects our flights home.

And then the next Monday (April 2) I will take my written driving license exam.  I am praying that I pass on the first try, but if that happens it will truly be a miracle!

And just to ease a little more, Spring Break comes right after that.  However, come April 9 I am in for a rude awakening!  No more easing into it - it will be full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.