Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Partnership Update & More

Just a quick note to update you on life around the Hunter house....


  • Scott celebrated his birthday yesterday - I'd tell you how old he is, but he'd probably shoot me... but he is older than me!  He is also helping to teach a men's Bible study on Tuesday nights and not looking forward to his classes starting back in mid -October.
  • Zach got a 2nd job - in addition to working for the tree service he will be bussing tables at Elizabeths in Oak Ridge.  Feel free to stop by and say hello.  I am hoping that he might learn how to clear the table at home too.
  • Hannah got a clear MRI and EEG today.  Still don't know the cause of the hiccups, but we have now ruled out all the major, life threatening causes.  Praising God for that information!
  • Alex is loving middle school.  He even told me the other day that SMOD (almost uniform) wasn't so bad and made getting dressed really easy.  He is loving soccer and although his team isn't winning every game, he still loves it.
  • I started my first quilt and am helping Hannah with her first one too.  We'll see if this project ever gets finished.  It's all done on the machine (which I had to borrow back from my parents).  I also just recently returned from Ukraine and realized how much I enjoyed teaching.  I had an opportunity to teach in an ESL (English as a Second Language) class and am now looking for some classes to take to be prepared to teach ESL when we reach Spain,
  • We accepted a contingency offer on the house.  We will continue to leave the house on the market while the potential buyers try to sell their house.  Pray for a quick sale of their house.  It is exciting to see a ray of sunshine.
  • We have had several new financial partners join our team.  The average partner is $50/month.  At this rate it originally took 208 partners and now we only need 159 more.  Our goal is to be at the half way mark by Christmas - so we need 55 more.  Feel free to ask how you can join our partnership.
  • We are going to Spain.  Not to stay yet, but for a 10 day visit.  We will get to meet our future teammates, explore the area, visit the school where the kids will attend, and begin to add a picture to our prayers.  With the help of frequent flier miles and Christmas we will leave January 16.  
Enough of an update for now... thanks for stopping by and catching up with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.