Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#5 - New Insights are Coming

#5 - OBEDIENCE ALLOWS FOR NEW INSIGHTS INTO GOD

Ever notice when you are walking in disobedience from anything, everything you hear and think seems a little warped or wrong?  You spend a lot of mental energy trying to make things line up.  Over the past several months I have also noticed that phenomenon works the other way around too.

When I am walking in obedience I am not struggling to fit God into my world.  He is right there in front of me leading the way and I see so many new glimpses into the character of God.

For example, recently I was praying and praising God for the fact that His grace is more than sufficient.  He stopped me.  I had to say it over and over again, I couldn't go on.  Then it hit me - what I was really saying.  I was saying "more than."  Two simple words that carry a lot of weight.  I wasn't saying that it was just enough, barely enough, or even that God had to work hard to make His grace stretch to cover me.  It is more than enough.  I don't have to worry if I mess up because He isn't going to run out of grace to cover that last mistake.  I don't have to worry if someone else seems to be "using up more than their share" of God's grace, because there is more than enough.  Think about it.  There is freedom in those two words.  There is assurance and confidence and a peace that comes.

Moments like these make it all worth the journey of obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.