I expected to be jumping around for joy when we heard they were on their way, instead there was this pit in the bottom of my stomach. This is for real! We are one step closer. Ironically, notice came of this progress on the same day we are selling our car. Things are moving!
We still need some paperwork to come in from the US State Department before we can go to the embassy and remember everything has a "life span." Meaning - documents are not good indefinitely.
Some specific prayer requests:
- Pray that this week we receive our documents back from the State Department so that they can go to the translator.
- Pray that everything is in place for us to go to Washington the week of June 13. I am gone to summer camp the week of June 20, creating major complications if we have to wait until that week to go to the embassy. We think the letter of invitation would have expired by the week of June 27.
- Once we turn in our VISA applications the timeline gets "hairy." We have no control over the length of response for our VISAs, but when they call we have approximately 60 days to arrive in Spain. We need to get this house sold and we need to raise the last 1/3 of our support before the VISAs are ready.